Saturday, April 22, 2006

A ray of sunshine, or two...

I really wanted to take some photos of Beth's new skirt today, but, yet again, it was so dark and gloomy that I just couldn't get a decent photo. There was one point though in the day when the girls were drawing when the sun broke through and I just had to take shots of these.











The first one is Beth's. It is a drawing of a princess in her house. Note the purple walls, the princess bed, the apple mobile hanging from
the roof and the cupcakes on the little table. Beth loves to draw and her drawings often blow us away.
The second is Alice's. She is at the age where whatever Beth does, she must do too. When I was taking the photo of Beth's drawing she insisted that I take one of her's, and rightly so. I even managed to get her gorgeous little two year old hand in the shot.

Beth did wear her skirt to the birthday party today and not one person asked if I made it. Which I actually take as a good sign. That means it looks "like a bought one". On one hand, it does defeat the purpose of me having made it, but it on the other, it means that it could almost be looking hand made. As opposed to home made. Which is great for jam, not so great for skirts.

And, I managed to get the photo in the header. Only took me three hours. I took it over Easter last week at my mother-in-law's at Mossiface. In East Gippsland, Victoria, just out of Bruthen. Speaking of jam, Beth and I picked the basket of quinces to make some.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jo,
What an exciting endeavour. I think your blog looks terrific and look forward to watching it develop.

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home