Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lazy Sunday Afternoon ...











Here is the famous skirt. I was originally looking for patterned pinwale cord, but couldn't find it, so settled on the pink and bought it. Later that day, I ended up finding four different patterned cords. So I bought a metre of each. As you do. Which reminds me that I should have added that to my list of unfinished projects. Four more skirts. Anyway, because it was so plain, I wanted to jazz it up with some trim. Which ended up costing more than the fabric, but made what would have been a very ordinary skirt, something a little less ordinary.


Beth and I sat down this afternoon and put together her first letter for her pen friend. Otilija is
Kath's daughter. Kath posted about wanting a girl about six years old for Otilija to swap letters and bits and pieces with. Beth is six in July and I thought that she would really like this. It was lovely to sit down with her this afternoon and put her letter together. I asked her if there was anything else she would like to make. She has in the past taken pieces of my scraps and asked if she could sew pictures onto them. So, this is what she said she would like to do. And here is the finished product, entitled "Tree". The little package will be winging it's way off to Canberra as soon as I can manage the enormous task of buying a stamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home