Thursday, April 27, 2006

"Catty on a Swing" & "I Like to Sing" ...
















Today is such a beautiful Autumn day. Crisp and a little cool in the morning and a glorious sunny afternoon. It was such a lovely morning that when Alice asked if she could wear "Catty on a Swing", I couldn't say no. "Catty on a Swing" is a t-shirt and if you ever ask Alice what she would like to wear, the answer is always "Catty on a Swing". So here she is, outside the cubby house, with her favourite "Catty on a Swing". She is holding our newest CD, "I Like to Sing" by Justine Clarke. Justine is one of our favourites on "Playschool". Although, I must admit I am a bit partial to Jay myself. We love the film clip for "I Like to Sing" so much that we bought the CD. Only disappointment being that Alice thinks that everything that is on CD is a DVD, and she wanted to watch Justine, not just listen. And she was tired, and she is two and need I say more? I am sitting here listening to it and enjoying every minute of it. If you are Wiggled out, I highly recommend Justine for a refreshing change.

If you are wondering why I would put a photo of Alice pulling a face like this in my post, then let me explain. This is her photo face. It is really very, very difficult to get anything other than a face like this. She automatically says "turkey" and scrunches up her nose. She is into sunglasses in a big way too, but these ones keep sliding down her face, another reason for the scrunched up nose.

But low and behold, she went inside the cubby house and I managed this one.












Still a little scrunchy, but a minor miracle nonetheless.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fairies... maybe they don't have my address? Or maybe your daughter trapped them all in those too-cute-for-words sparkly glasses of hers? ^_^

It feels good to know a fellow blog-newbie! *hugs*

11:34 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Hi Jo
Thanks for your post on my blog - I think our paths crossed at 'Posy gets Cosy'(dont u just love Alicia's blog?)
Your little girl is gorgeous! Love the smiley photo face - my eldest boy does the same thing!
I'll have to check out Justine Clarke's CD - her new movie 'Look Both Ways' is doing really well in the USA but I think she is great on Playschool - remember her on Estreet??

12:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love Justine, too. My daughter jumps up & down with excitement for 2 solid minutes when I like to Sing comes on! Thanks for your comment, I'm so glad to have found your blog. :)

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are "wiggled" out have you heard of Coco'c Lunch ? They are an Australian group of five women who sing accapella ( spelling?) as well as accompanying themselves on percussion. We've seen them three times at the Opera House and my girls love them. Actually so do I - very sing -a -long- able! Here's the website ...www.cocoslunch.com
Really enjoying getting to know you via your scribbles...must read on now...

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home