Monday, October 16, 2006

Remember Me ???

Well, time is marching on. Violet & Rose is becoming a reality. I am sewing like a mad woman in every spare second of every day. The wonderful thing about this is that it is still a joy, never a chore.

I am trying to create stock to sell at the two Christmas markets I am participating in. In amongst this, I was roped in to make some items for Beth's school fete. Apparently they were desperate. I don't mind doing this, it's just the timing. Which is bad!

So, even though there is nothing to show, except for some wonderful artwork created by a very, very generous friend, come on over and visit "Violet & Rose". You'll get the gist of it.

In trying to guess how much to make for the markets, I am either going to fall very short of very excessive of what I need. I'm hoping for very short, but if it's very excessive, you'll find it all on the site around December 2.

I'd love you to subscribe to Violet & Rose so you can tabs on my exploits!

Cheers!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, I think I was the first to subscribe! Hey, if you make lots of extras, we'll be lurking, waiting to purchase!
I'm so glad you went ahead with the online store, and I'm secretly jealous/envious. Good luck with all of your upcoming endeavors! Hugs!

3:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops, that last one was from me...

3:15 am  
Blogger kirsten said...

Yay, Jo! Nice to hear from you! Good to hear that it doesn't feel like work yet :)

7:48 am  
Blogger Ali said...

Consider me subscribed! Looking forward to you opening.

11:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely surprise to find a post. I've been checking every now and again, waiting for some news from you. The site looks wonderful and thank you for adding a little bit of me! I feel very honoured. It sounds like you are going to be run off your feet until the end of the year. Remember to enjoy every minute of it. Good luck, I can't wait to see what is in store for some gifts.

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, well done..it looks like you are really going for it! The new site looks great. Wish you lots of luck!!

10:39 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

yeahh Jo!!
all the very best with it - will have a look and subsribe when I clear out all this dirty laundry haha!

4:31 pm  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

hi there, you blogged YAY! I am so happy for you that your little venture is on it's way! It's going to be fabulous!!!! I've linked you up on my links page on Madame B! Thanks so much for linking me up too! Love Shae xo

4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jo, I cant believe I have found you. I do the ella and kate ribbons (rachel's friend)and should be making some now - also for your school craft fair but am not. I decided to sit down and get some inspiration for my sewing on the net and I found your blog. It is a small small world. I see what you mean about deciding to end your blog. Your stuff is just divine. I will see you at the craft night no doubt.

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, how do I say this nicely.. TOO CHEAP!!! especially your little bracelets for girls!! come on, there is OBVIOUSLY so much work in them or at least so much love that they should sell for far more. I know there is a fine line between overpricing and then not selling but if you underprice people don't appreciate it, it isn't special and things that are handmade are special. Please take this the right way. I am about to open my shop and JESUS my stuff is going to be expensive!!! :-)

10:39 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

the shop looks great....can't wait to hear how the fairs go...I can understand where Miss dot is coming from especially after seeing the gorgeous button bracelets in real life( just divine)...however I feel that you alone know best how to put a price on your work and you can always reassess after seeing how people respond to the work. Good luck ...and happy selling!

11:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home