Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Golden Days ...

Today started out so promising. I was out hanging washing on the line before 9.00 am. It doesn't get much better than that. Then I looked up and this is what I saw. I had to run inside to get the camera and take this photo. There I was basking in the glorious Autumnal Colours, breathing it all in, feeling like an old hippy ....

It was not much longer after this that I had both children at the doctors in between refereeing their fights and having a man outside the chemist tell me, "Got your hands full there, love". My day had officially turned to custard.

Onwards and upwards. Let's go back to remembering how wonderful my children really are. Here are my Mother's Day treasures.

Beth made the card on the left in her Italian class and the flower and heart card with her class teacher.






She made this one at home. I love the colour combination.





This is what she wrote on the inside. At the moment, when she writes, I am never Mummy, I am always Jo with a back to front J.

This is a drawing that was used as wrapping. It's a picture of me at my sewing machine, which is the orange object next to the flower in the pot. Note the "To Jo" with the back to front J again.

Now, this one is from Alice. She drew the picture and Hamish asked her what she wanted to write. Precious.

The little dish was chosen by Alice at the school Mother's Day stall. When Hamish gave money to Beth, Alice wanted some too. I was helping out with the stall, so one of my friends took Alice to help her choose. Beth chose the earrings. Hard to see, but they are little glass balls and very nice. Beth made the gold sparkly "bling' box at school. Fantastic!

Speaking of bling boxes, this is what Hamish and the girls went out and chose for me. Meet "Big Jim". Some might think he is a tool box, but for a girl with no sewing room living out of badly organised green shopping bags, he is my saviour.

Aaahh. Still not finished sorting and emptying the bags yet, but I am loving it already. Now I understand why men love their tool boxes.


At the end of opening all of these little treasures I felt very spoilt indeed. After sitting here recounting them all, I have almost forgotten all about the disaster that today has been, love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home