Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A few of my favourite things ...

Life seems to be heading back on track to the steadier pace I like it at, not the rush that the past few days have been.

I had a lovely day yesterday with Beth's class at
Healesville Sanctuary . The weather held out and the children were really well behaved. Just the usual school excursion dramas of native birds stealing sandwiches from right out of small children's hands and someone's drink leaking all over most of the lunches, which didn't do too much damage. I was astounded (call me a prude) to discover the leaking drink in question was Coke! Who gives their five year old child Coke to take to a school excursion to drink? In fact, who gives their child Coke? Or in the rush that has been the past few days did I miss the World Health Organisation's bulletin on Coke being good for kids? What an eye opener.

The children were quite weary towards the end of the day and five of them fell asleep on the bus on the way back. Beth was one of them and I felt quite content knowing that she was relaxed enough to fall asleep. I rarely fall asleep on a plane and would never fall asleep on a train because I am just not secure with things that might go on around me. Obviously Beth felt safe and secure and just drifted off. And if you can raise a child who feels like that, you are part way there I guess. Either that or she was just exhausted.

One of my favourite things are parcels, preferably brown ones tied up with string, but a flat rate envelope jam packed with fabric from the States will suffice. Beautifully efficient service and sweet packaging from Sew Mama Sew saw these little beauties wind up in my letterbox yesterday.

The gingham is oilcloth. I have never sewed with it before but am up for the challenge. Have even purchased new size 16 needles for the sewing machine! I am going to use it to line some more of the little make-up purses. The other fabric will be used on the outside. I have my first piece of Denyse Schmidt Flea Market Fancy. More beautiful in real life. I could just look and feel all day. The gorgeous lime and bluey colour fabric is from the Girlfriends by Sis Boom range. I have a "thing" at the moment for peacocks on fabric and I had to have this one. The last piece is from the Moda Fruit Cocktail range. My long standing "thing" is for cherries. Can't resist them. They remind me of summer and being a child and making earings out of them.

Now to sewing that oilcloth ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No geese?

10:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home