Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Brown Tuesday ...


I have a soft spot for brown. I am the eldest of four daughters and Mum always dressed us in colour codes. I was brown. Mind you, my sister's were red, blue and pink and at the time, brown was terrible. Now, I think it's wonderful. My school uniform was brown. Chocolate is brown. It is so earthy and rich and aged. Full of character.

One of our favourite places to take the girls when we go into the city is a little shopping arcade called the Royal Arcade. It is beautiful with lovely old architecture, little shops full of character and the infamous Gog and Magog statues that chime in the hour with their clock. One of the shops in the arcade is Koko Black. Even though the name is black, it is very brown. Check it out for some mouth watering brown goodness.


Enjoy your Brown Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Very cool picture, I love it.

10:44 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I love this rusty brown gate! Shabby chic perfection!
I too hated brown (and green)as a kid but total love them as colours now...
That arcade looks wonderful - Melbourne is a wonderful city. I keep telling Andrew we need a weekend at the Windsor Hotel.

1:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh nice gate, what a great picture. As for melbourne, although I am always underdressed I am happy to live in such a cool town.

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? All your clothes were color coded? Wow. That's one way to do it, I guess!

Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours. I liked your title "Damn You Frat Boys!" - - those guys were funny. And your oilcloth pouch is super cute!

10:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, I really love this photo!

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home