Monday, June 12, 2006

White Monday

Back in the PB days (pre-blog), when I was just a lurker and occasional commenter, I loved the colour week that Stephanie and Mav instigated. I really enjoyed seeing all the interpretations and lovely pictures. I thought to myself, self, if you ever have a blog and that week comes up again, you would really enjoy doing that, wouldn't you? And so, with great delight, I found last week that Colour Week is on again.

Being a long weekend here and having been away, my effort on white was a little rushed. We came home and all I could think about was washing, unpacking, school tomorrow, what were we having for dinner, oh look, the white camellia is out. White. There is a god. So here is my first contribution.

I did manage to cram some sewing into my weekend. I was all confused and in my enthusiasm to pack the machine, thought that I had an extra day up my sleeve, like Easter. So instead of catching up on sleep, I caught up on sewing with some late night sessions. Finished what I hoped to get done, so am feeling a bit more on track. Not sure which track though.

And for those interested in the Teflon foot story, here it is. I am in love. If you are sewing oilcloth to oilcloth, there is simply no other way. The foot just glides like it was, well, Teflon coated. Seriously, it was a generic brand one to fit a machine with a low shank and cost me $14 at Spotlight. I found good lurking in the sewing machine foot section. Not sure about the fabric section ...

More colour tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

Great to see you back - missed you!
This colour week is great fun!

10:59 pm  
Blogger MamaMin said...

Beautiful - I love rain on flowers!

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home