Friday, June 09, 2006

Damn You Frat Boys ...

I know, I know, kind of weird title for a post, but I have just been hanging out to say that all day and there has been no appropriate point at which to casually throw it in. So there, now I have.
If you are thinking I have lost my mind, here in Australia, we had the final of "
The Amazing Race" last night and there really is a God when two guys like BJ and Tyler can triumph over people like "The Frat Boys" and "MoJo".
And just in case I don't have a chance to say this again today, T-TOW!

Now, back to sanity...

Such a cold wintery morning here. I talk about the weather a lot. Have you noticed? Not because I don't have anything else to say and feel like I need to talk about the weather to punctuate the silence. It's because I love the changing seasons and the differences that they bring. I love that the trees are golden for such a short period because it makes you stop and appreciate them even more.

I walk Beth to and from school. We are lucky because we live really close. There is a park that separates us from the school. Mind you, walking with a five and a two year old makes that walk seem three times as long. It is so lovely just to point out to the girls all the changing things around us. Like the wattle that has just started to bloom. Or the delicate beads of water suspended on this little spider's web. Now that is craft for you.

We're off away for the weekend to Jarmie's. Jarmie is my mother-in-law. She was going to be "grandma" but when Beth started talking she began calling her Jarmie. So Jarmie she is and now everyone calls her Jarmie. It is a three and a half hour drive, not including stops, so we don't get up there that often, but the girls love nothing better than running around up there. To mark the occasion, I have bought them both a new pair of gumboots. Pink with glitter. I hope they don't get them muddy! (Im joking).

The most exciting part about this weekend for me is that I am taking my sewing machine. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on some sewing for some parcels that I need to send out (
Sara, Julie, Justine ...). I just have to hope that the universe conspires to give me some quality sewing time. Maybe if I just throw in one more "T-TOW!" for good measure ?.

PS - Have a look at the Mag Swap link on the right if you are in Australia or anywhere besides the States because they are looking for some more international Mag swappers. Who doesn't love a good Mag?

4 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

I have NO idea what the first half of this post is about but Im sure its funny!!! :)
We also walk to nursery and back - my only form of some sport to work off this way too much pregnancy (yes, still!!!) fat!!! And we also notice nature as we sweat in the non-shaded streets!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend!!
xxx

10:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, what is T-TOW?
I am so in awe of your photography skills; it's really something I need to work at, especially close-ups like that wonderful spider web!
We can't go walking on our road; it's white dusty gravel with too many speeding college kids, but my view out my window looks out on a golden wheat field, ready for harvest. Maybe I'll take a photo?
Have a good trip and post photos of those cute boots!

1:38 am  
Blogger jessica said...

I can only imagine the lovely walks you are on to wherever and school. Thank you.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Woohoo on the hippies winning!!
Thanks for the heads up on the magazine swap - Im a totaly mag addict!!

8:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home