Friday, June 16, 2006

Red Friday


ReD iS mY FaVOurITE anD mY BeSt.

I have waited all week to post a photo that included the girls and couldn't go past this one that I took of them outside at my sister-in-law's last weekend. I did the bad mother thing this year and bought them both exactly the same coats for winter. I just had to. This coat is so warm and functional (being long) and cute too. The detail on the sleeves has little birds all through it. I saw them weeks ago and decided they were far too expensive but then, thank you god, they went on SALE. Hence, we have two red coats.

My girls love hoola hoops, but they call them hooly hoops. This is because Lola calls them hooly hoops. If Lola says they are hooly hoops, they must be hooly hoops. I tried to correct Beth one day, and it only ended in tears. So, hooly hoops it is.

We have visitors staying here from tomorrow until Tuesday. The computer is fairly central in our living room, so I may not post again for a few days. See, no computer room, no sewing room. How do I survive?
That is for my husband, if he happens to be reading ??

10 Comments:

Blogger Anastasia said...

Gorgeous!!! Hooly hoops are fun!! I had the ones that smelt (mine was chocolate) back in the 80's. REmember those?
I love identical clothing on siblings - I dont think its bad at all, I kind of like it!

Will miss your posts! have fun!

11:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet! hMMM there's an express camel on it's way, left yesterday :)

1:07 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

I like matching clothes on children. My brother and I had matching blue fairaisle jackets, or anoraks, as my mother called them.

I absolutely love your blue thursday pic. Just gorgeous.

(from a fellow melburnian)

1:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to wager a small bet that your husband, even if he does read your blog, will stay very quiet about this one post....

I remember the hoops which smelt. Banana, if I recall correctly, was my hoop of choice.

2:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a VERY fun photo. One to treasure for many, many years.

Red is really great!

2:47 pm  
Blogger julie said...

Fantastic HAPPY photo!! Happy hooly hooping!!

3:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing your precious girls...and those jackets are wonderful! Sorry I haven't been writing, mom has dialup...sigh. But back to Dad's this weekend and highspeed! Love the 80's, love hooly-hoops (even though I can't do it, no rhythm!). And brown is great, especially paired with pink or turquoise!

12:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have captures the moment so completely! I thought the pegs were beautiful but this is just so full of joy...you can see what fun both the girls are having.....love it!

7:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful photo, I love red raincoats!

1:26 am  
Blogger jessica said...

nothing like happiness, and in RED...warm and lovely.

2:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home