Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday in the City ....

Today we went into the city with our special visitors, DD and Amanda. DD is Hamish's Dad, called DD because he is Dad's Dad. Of course. Amanda is his lovely partner. They are staying with us for a few days from Townsville. Here are some shots of our day, and yes, it's cold. What do you do on a cold day? Eat ice-cream of course. It is becoming near impossible to have a photo of Alice without this face.
The family all gathered around and intrigued by this new fandangled technology thing. It was a touch screen information booth. Beth wanted to have a go and I am attempting to restrain Alice from thumping the thing - her version of "touch screen". Hamish looks a tad on the dopey side, but really, he's not. Trust me.
Hang on a minute! What's this! A normal smile! Hat courtesy of DD, hand made in Townsville from the markets.
I love this one. As we were walking along Southbank, there was one of those street performers who are painted and dressed all in grey and look like a statue. Until they move and you nearly jump out of your skin. I have a long running distrust of street performers. They seem to detect this and do really embarrassing things to me. Beth has inherited this distrust. So while everybody else ran forward to watch this statue person, Beth and I hung back. I'm telling her that it is OK, it's really just a man dressed as a statue and she just can't work out why someone would want to dress as a statue and stand in the middle of Southbank. Had to say, I agreed.

DD took these photos, so there's not a single one of him or Amanda. Maybe a shot or two in the next day or so.

As an end note, I have been inspired by Marianne over at
Applehead with her musical soundtracks. I have decided that I am going to try and end most of my posts (please note I didn't say all of them) with a song of the day/post. A song that either seems to fit the post, or a song that is on my mind or one that I am just going to throw in for the hell of it.

So today's song was going to be the Australian classic from the eighties (yes, I'm back there again. I'm going to do a cover version of Skyhooks "Living in the 70's", just change the decade) "One Perfect Day" by Little Heroes. I always loved this song and today was just such a lovely day, it kind of just sat nicely. I always imagined it was grey and cloudy in this song, and today was perfect, but grey and cloudy. Nothing profound about that my friends.

In my search for the song, I uncovered a Sara Storer version. Now, I'm no country music aficionado, but I don't mind a bit of Sara. She has a great Aussie twang. This version is really melodic and lovely, so without further ado, for your listening pleasure...
Song of the Day -
"One Perfect Day" - Sara Storer. But you have to scroll right down to the botom, to the last song, and hit download video. You didn't think I would hand it to you on a plate, did you?

7 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Well done! You're nearly as cute as me. And your cherry red little girls are waaaaaaaaaay cuter.

11:57 pm  
Blogger julie said...

Megans comment made me smile!
Just finished the girls pressie, now yours left!! Great to see you and having fun!!

4:26 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Looks like u had a lovely day - although it does look very cold!great pics!!
'One perect day' is a great song - I like Sara's take on it.

11:50 am  
Blogger 62cherry said...

great shots
nice touch to end "most of your posts" with a song, I may join in with that one.

I laughed out loud with Marianne's tragic love song, so much so I have sent her a disc of tragis 80's love songs. Let me know if you would like me to pop in a copy with your package!!!!!!...

9:43 pm  
Blogger Sue said...

I just discovered your blog through Nikki Shell's blog. Your little girls are adorable, and the things you make are just so cute.

9:50 am  
Blogger jessica said...

your family photos are lovely and happy. the cold part I don't care for. enjoying the summer here in NY.

10:34 am  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love your babe's face! My son does that all the time!!! I'm waiting for this "cheese face phase" to pass!

11:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home