Monday, July 31, 2006

The lowdown ...

So where did last week go? Let's see.
There were the mini cupcakes to take to school.
Spiders and butterflies. Amazing what you can do with a couple of Smarties and some shredded coconut!
There were the bracelets. 13 in total. 6 buttons per bracelet. I was sewing buttons in my sleep.Then there were the goodie bags with little tags that Beth signed. Here are all the bags, including the ones for the boys with marbles inside.
And of course, every party girl needs a new appliqued top. This large square of gingham is hiding a major applique disaster. But nobody knows that, right? I am saving that story for another post. Along with the story of the pencil roll. Beth received pencil roll attempt number 4. Version numbers 1,2 and 3 went in the rubbish. The gorgeous boy with the cheesy smile is Beth's cousin, Dylan.Here is the hotel's birthday cake, where we had Beth's party. I nearly passed out when I saw all those lollies. Sugar, sugar and more sugar. Just what all the kids needed.On Sunday we had a family party at home. This was the cake I made for Beth. Courtesy of "Donna Hay Magazine" Kids Special from last year. Basically one large and two small tubs of vanilla ice cream. Covered in crushed "Marie" biscuits. Decorated with vanilla and cinnamon madelines and chocolate shells. Mermaids and other decorations courtesy of The Reject Shop.

And why did I do all of this?

No more reason needed.

16 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

oh wow!!!!!! Sounds so lovely!! And those cakes look amazing - little works of art!
Youre such a good mummy jo ;) so much work must have gone into this.
Beth looks lovely!!!
p.s. thank you for my lovely lovely package!!! xxx

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Beth's smile was a reward indeed!

She's gorgeous!

And what you did... amazing. She'll remember it forever, I'm sure!

6:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lot of work! yes, it is all worth it. I'm already feeling guilty because I won't be here for my sons 4th birthday in October!

8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

owh my.... I want a mermaid cake like thatfor my 27th birthday!! hehehe... great job!

12:57 am  
Blogger Ali said...

Your birthday girl looks suitably chuffed. And I like your clever cupcake decorations very much.

6:29 am  
Blogger justinamaria said...

oh, too good! makes me feel guilty for denying my 6yo a birthday party this year....
She looks gorgeous and very happy, well done!!

12:21 pm  
Blogger Anastasia said...

What beautiful pics - everything looks wonderful!! what a happy day for Beth!

4:30 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

I love that little boy's cheesy grin.

Gorgeous bracelets and party bags. I always make my boys' party bags too. It's a lot of work but sooo worth it.

Happy birthday Beth!

8:11 pm  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

WOW, what a fabulous party and she will remember fondly all that hard work! Love the lollie bags and the cake!Oh and I blogged about you today, come and see!

9:49 pm  
Blogger devinemom said...

it looks like all of your hard work payed off. what a fun party and i can tell all of the care and detail you put into it payed off by the look on Beth's face.

wonderful work on the party. she will remember it for years to come.

1:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a lot of crafting and beauty in one week! great job!

4:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please go have a lie down and a stuff drink now my dear - your week looked amazing and tiring and productive, and, umm, sugar laden :))

9:12 am  
Blogger Sue said...

It sounds as though you both had a great weekend. Beth looks so cute with her mermaid painted face, and I love the cake you made, so original. Maybe now you can have a little rest.

9:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth! Much love from Kansas from Sara, Rob, and Christian!
Oh, Jo, those goody bags are so nice! I'm chuckling about the pencil bags...why do the little things always become so complicated? But I was so glad to see your post, had missed you guys.

12:39 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

A cake dreams are made of......a big gold star for the maker!AS for those million little cupcakes....that's it I'm going out to hire a pony ride right now ( how else will I keep up with the Reid's...?)

11:22 pm  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

That birthday cake is such a brilliant idea!

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home