Friday, July 21, 2006

WIP and Strip...

I feel a little like Maisy Gibbons on Desperate Housewives with a title like that. Truth be known, that is all that has really been going on around here craft wise lately. Lots of WIP's needing lots of strips of fabric. And I really have to say it has been fun.

The picture above is of the strips I have been cutting to make the goodie bags for the big 6 year old birthday party. Thanks to Amy who was my Mag Swap partner for sending over a copy of MS Kids for the inspiration. They have a picture of some really sweet goodie bags just made up out of fabric scraps. So that is what I am doing. These ones are for the girls. Orange is the new Pink, by the way.
This shot is of the strips for the button bracelets, complete with some of the buttons laid out. The bracelets will then go inside the bags.

See the group flickr photos
here

The pencil roll is also progressing. All the strips (more!) cut and hopefully today I may get to sew them together. Fingers crossed.

And just because I feel the need to share this with everyone, as you do, my other big WIP at the moment is toilet training Alice. I was going to hang out for Summer when these things are just easier to do. Less clothing, running around outside where accidents don't matter (as much) etc. But for some reason I flicked my "right, we are doing this NOW" switch on, and we started yesterday. So far, so good. Well, you know, as good as it gets. But definitely more promising than what Beth was, which is a whole other story for when you have the time and inclination to sit and listen to the toileting habits of my children. What? You have to go and look for loose change down the back of the couch? You can't stop and listen? Maybe some other time?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you haven't said your method yet...make her sit, surrounded by books and toys (apparently what happened with me, as evidenced by photos-how embarrassing!), or wait to see if she can tell by herself, etc. Inquiring minds want to know (because they are looking forward to it themselves in a few years, lol!).
I'm going to have to pick up that issue of MS Kids, those bags look cute!

1:41 am  
Blogger devinemom said...

great idea for the bags. good luck with the decorations etc. it can be a lot of fun. also good luck with the whole toilet training thing. i will look to you for pointers when the time comes.
don't you just love MS kids

4:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny how for you it's already Friday and for me it's still Thursday evening... I like the fabric goodie bag thing.

Child no 2 woke up on 1st January last year saying no more nappies. And that was it. He was 2 years and 2 months. He's had 2 accidents since and within a week he was dried at night too. Spooky. And fantastically/incredibly/amazingly lucky. (And I was really smug with my friends for a while too!!!)

4:26 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Those goody bags are going to look fantastic!! When is the party??

Neo is way too young for TT. With Peter I left it till he was close to 3yrs old and I did cop a lot of slack from other mothers but he just wasnt ready - once I felt he was good to go it only took about 3weeks! Perfect!! now he is in briefs all night too!

1:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jealous about your crafty friday!. I spent my afternoon, litening to my 2 1/2 year old screaming her lungs out for 2 hours, because she refused to put her nappy on for her afternoon sleep. After the first hour of trying, I gave up. She did finally fall asleep, then woke up. No MESS at all. She can hold all day long. I sat her on the potty in front of playschool. NOTHING! Then she tells me "nappy now on mummy. I do poos in toilet after!" Yes toilet training here in Queensland because the days are still warm enough. Maybe by Christmas. I'll send positive potty training thoughts your way!

loving that fabric and those bags..very cute, can we come to the party just for the bags?

8:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking good. I love the fabric with the orange and yellow flowers on it.

1:07 am  
Blogger julie said...

The bags are going to be lovely - so much work!! And good luck with the training!! ;)
Have a great weekend Jo xx

1:20 am  
Blogger Megan said...

Just sitting here oogling those fabric combos. I would love me a quilt like that, I would.

12:17 pm  
Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Jo!
Purdy, purdy! :)

Please go peek at your e-mail! You are a winner! Woo hoo!

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just love a good poo story......good idea for a best selling novel maybe??...how do you think I'd go selling the film rights?

6:55 pm  
Blogger thebutterflycollector said...

I should start doing this too, we've bought a lovely aqua potty, we're already to go!I've just realised I'm going to actually have to wash it out! Loads of fun! Good Luck with your leasons!

1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home