Friday, June 30, 2006

WIP Friday


Friday. Last day of the school holidays. We went to see a theatre production of "Pinnochio" this morning. Alice was mesmerised. Beth was sent nearly demented by the smell of the smoke they used for special effects. Remember the smoke they used to pump into nightclubs? They probably still do. But that was the smell. Every time the fairy appeared, there was smoke. And she appeared a lot. And Beth couldn't get out of there fast enough.

When we came home, I asked Beth what she would like to do while Alice was asleep. She casually replied "Umm ... sew a skirt." Her mother's daughter. So, we did. Two in fact. One for each of the girl's because they have a birthday party tomorrow. I put the sewing machine pedal up on the table and Beth pressed it for me. Yes, I have the patience of a saint. The novelty wore off after a while, but she came back and forth, choosing trim, offering advice, asking questions. Lovely.

I should have taken this photo earlier while we really did have a WIP. I still have some ribbon and buttons to attach, so it is still a WIP.

Hopefully, the finished shots will appear very soon.

See the other craft work's in progress here.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, it's times like these the munchkin is a boy. I'm not even sure I could sew a skirt in a week, much less an afternoon, and certainly not two! But then again, I get to look at your handiwork and live vicariously that way!

4:56 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Patience is the key!! now where did mine go??
wow you work fast - it would take me days to make a skirt!
looks very cute - love the fabric!

8:52 am  
Blogger julie said...

Fantastic - you are a saint!!!
It looks lovely.

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow. (two skirts, two Wows)
I'm very impressed. I couldn't do that in a million years... and my boys would look really silly in skirts. Jokes aside, well done.

5:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous skirts! my sewing aint wuite up that level as yet...

As for my wallpaper, I have three big 'Waldec' sample books from late 60's - mid 70's that were found in a hard rubbish dump by a friend who livesin Footscray. Pure Gold they are!!

11:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such great taste in fabric!And no skirt is complete without a bit of ric rac(I just love that word).How is it that your sewing kit looks so neat and organised....mine is always a shambles!

9:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good idea on using a tool box to store all sewing equipments. :)

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home