Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Check (list), one, two...

Nearly half way through July and I need to stop and take check of what I am endeavoring to achieve by the end of this month. Surely if I document it, it will be easier to work through? Right?

I need to finish my swap with
Julie. This is drawing on at an embarrassing rate. I was making something that my heart and soul was just not into, hence, I was far from happy with the end result. Worked out what it was that I really wanted to make and have set to it. One down, one to go. It has been a good exercise for me though. Don't make what everyone else is making, make what you want to make.

Beth's birthday is at the end of the month and I have decided to make her a pencil roll. I was really inspired by
Pink Chalk Studio's version, which has been a bit of a challenge to find the 24 different coloured fabrics. Especially since I decided to go against the Derwents and with the Faber Castell's, which have a GOLD, as in metallic, coloured pencil. But two very lovely friends have come to the rescue and let me rummage through their stashes and I think I may have almost done it. I am also going to try and make the rest of the roll with oilcloth. Could be tricky, but will give it a go. I just thought it would be a bit more child friendly and wipe clean. As a result of my friends generosity, in return I have promised another pencil roll (for a boy who I am assured will be quite happy with some of the floral fabrics ?) and a dishcloth, no, make-up purse for the other. May even throw in the old tissue holders for good measure. It sure is the tissue holder season here in Melbourne. Why, I could use one myself, but that would mean I would have to make another one, wouldn't it?
And Beth's birthday also means party favours. So, I have 10 of the bracelets to make, 14 little party favour bags which of course, I will sew, 4 little boys marble bags (the general consensus seemed to be give the boys a bag of rocks, but I thought marbles were far more sparkly) and our own party CD. Have asked my husband 417 times to install the CD burner, of which I know nothing about, but looks like I will have to go for 418 +.


I think that's about all. Is that enough? Do you think I should take on some more? Oh, of course, how could I forget, my TACK project. Now there has been some talk amongst the other participants about some hideous creations, perhaps suitable for the smallest room in the house. I however, hereby decree that I will get through this challenge with some molecule of crafting dignity left in tact. My project will be functional, yet classy, noice, yet un-knew-shew-al. Completely at home in any abode in Fountain Lakes.

Now I haven't posted a song for a while. So here we go. My sister's and I have this game where we have to tell each other what song we would sing when we are on Australian Idol (notice not if, but when - tragic) on each theme night. So Julie, Sarah and Katie, this one is for you. I will be singing this on Super Groups night, assuming U2 are a super group, complete with my Mary J "Bling Bling" sunglasses. And who knows, perhaps even Shannon or Guy could come back to sing the Bono part with me. Rock on.

Over and (rock) out. Back to the sewing, I think I'm safer there.

8 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

Thanks for the dedication! LOVE the song (even though its played every half an hour on the radio!!!!!!!)
Oh love the pencil roll thing - look forward to seeing it.

10:13 pm  
Blogger julie said...

ok, ok I still love the song even if noone dedicates it to me! ;)

10:21 pm  
Blogger Violet & Rose said...

Sorry, that was a little confusing. I have a sister Julie who I am sure will be more than willing to share her song with Julie from Handmaid.

10:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do it? So many projects, so little time! I'm in awe...Make sure you post pics, and a list of the songs on the cd!

2:14 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

I can relate to ticking off the list - I seem to be taking on more swaps, its fun though and I cant stop - Im a swap-a-holic!!
the pencil roll looks lovely! whens the party?

2:56 pm  
Blogger marianne said...

love that song- one of my favourites from one of my shipwrecked -on- an-island albums except now I'd want my Ipod ...Bono and I share the same birthday - unfortunately not the same vocal talents...So then, no sleep for you in the next few months...

11:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those tissue holders are sweet! Love the fabrics- and yes, I think oil cloth is a great idea for one of those pencil rolls. You sound like you're going to be really busy over the next wee while... good luck!

3:04 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

It was this post that caught my eye, Jo.

8:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home