Monday, July 03, 2006

The swap/blog gods have smiled down upon me ...

Over the past week, I have been the very lucky recipient of some beautiful and amazingly generous mail. I have been waiting for some sunshine to take some photos that would do these gifts justice, but that Melbourne sun just isn't shining. I am on the verge of embarrassment that I have taken too long to acknowledge these wonderful little packages, so can wait for the sun no longer. So here they are.

Justine over at 62 Cherry and I did a swap. The girls and I received the sweetest little package in return. I am now the proud owner of my very own make-up purse. Beth has a gorgeous little cherry bag ("But how does that lady know I love cherries, Mum?) and Alice has a new cute-as-a-button singlet. Thanks Justine.I was the lucky recipient of this box of goodies (wonderfully packaged up) from Marianne at Applehead. Just because. How generous is that? My favourite thing - the barkcloth, with the wallpaper pieces a close second. Somewhere too in there was a block of Lindt's orange chocolate but it seems to have disappeared? I wonder where it could be? Oh, and a rocking CD for the girls from "Coco's Lunch", which is out in the car. The piece de resistance - an Applehead needle book. Thanks Marianne.


And do you believe this? Another "just because" package from Anastasia. She sent me a copy of Mary Engelbreit's "Home Companion", along with some other little bits and pieces for the girls to craft with and some fantastic gift tags. Thanks Anastasia.
Last but not least, my Magic Yarn Ball swap arrived today. From Julia in Lismore, NSW. I am not sure that Julia has a blog or a web site, if you do Julia, let me know. This was the biggest ball of yarn you have ever seen. And inside ...
Did I clean up or what? So many beautiful and thoughtful trinkets inside. There were some ceramic buttons that were really so sweet. A lovely coconut soap in the centre.
And how is this for vintage sewing treats. It's a bit hard to see those buttons on the card, but they have faces like the man in the moon on them. I'm sure there must be some story behind them. I adore them. And the ric-rac and trim! Oh! Julia did such a great job of picking things that I just adore. So thank you so much Julia, I had a "ball" unwinding the yarn and unwrapping (yes, they were all individually wrapped!) all the little gifts. The girls will be thrilled too.

This big old blogging world is certainly a good and happy one. Thank you to each of you for your kindness and for thinking not only of me, but my children also. Speaking of, better run and pick one up from school and stop playing with all my new toys!

6 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Wonderful stuff, Jo. I'm getting a bit shy of swapping - I've only done three and had, um, less than stirling returned swap packages.

5:43 pm  
Blogger julie said...

Great stuff!!!!!!! Lucky girls! Whats barkcloth?!

5:56 pm  
Blogger 62cherry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 pm  
Blogger 62cherry said...

what a lucky and deserving lady you are! :)

7:22 am  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Ohhh lovely!!! lucky gal!!!
Hope u enjoy the mag - did u see the paper doll inside - so cute!! im such a baby....

11:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. I love post too, I got some mags from Anastasia and they cheered me up no end!

And I love the skirts... oh why didn't I have girls?

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home